I actually really enjoyed day one of school. I felt organized and comfortable in my own room. I talked my face off. My jaw actually hurts. These poor kids had so much information dumped on them today they are probably still in shock.
First impressions, a few talkers but on the whole good kids. They seem brighter then last year's bunch which is good. I hope that I'll be able to do more with them then I could last year. I'd like to maybe even go on a field trip in the spring.
I think the routines I have in place and the fact I'm jumping on them a bit quicker will help with the day to day stuff. Tomorrow I see my one and only grade 8 class. I have taught 3/4 of these kids before so I may have a bit harder time not falling into old habits with them.
My roommate enjoyed the fact that for the first time in a couple of months, she was the last one to leave the house today. She likes it when my life is as busy and stressful as hers. Tomorrow she starts her first class though so her life is going to get one step crazier then mine.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray! Go get em. Be the meanest teacher they ever did have. Be so mean and grumpy that they give you a bad nickname like Meanie McMeanie pants.
Hope today went ok with the grade 8ers.
Glad the first day went well! You'll have a break in less than one month from today already, so that's nice to look forward to! :) I remember we always liked our health teachers, but not so much language arts just because it was a harder class. With that, you should average out in the middle. What class is roomie taking?
Thanks for the support. My roomie is still working on her finance diploma that she started last year. This term it is business communications and microeconomics. She has school on Mondays and Wednesday for three and a half hours in the evening. She is going to be a tired puppy.
Post a Comment